Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Golfing at Marlton Golf Club....



It's always nice to see people playing and enjoying golf on a nice sunny breezy day. Though its not the season really to play golf coz winter is coming; yet, I see a lot of pro still playing golf. I have no idea how it works but i learn from my hubby who wants to be pro in the future as a hobby. God bless him on this game....hehhehe....



Having a video game Wii it helps you understand more how it works..from the wind to the hardness or softness of your stroke..a lot to learn..it's not just saying strike it or hit the ball and make sure it go straight to the hole but it's more to it than that...besides you need to put a lot of effort on it...a lot of energy and strength to be able to control the way you hit the ball and where the ball goes. Like I've said, I'm not even a beginner, I just tried how to hit the ball and believe me it's not easy. Especially with me, I am not good at any kind of games that involves a ball, period.




One time, the church organizes a golf tournament for charity. They call it 1st Annual Discover Charity, Discover Golf Tournament 2009 last October 10,2009, Saturday at Marlton Golf Club, if I'm not mistaken. It was a charity for the church and other institutions, not much people played maybe 5-8 teams tried with 4 persons in each team. Of course I did not play, but my hubby did. Though doesn't know much about golfing, he tried it anyway. What's to lose, right? Because this was a charity, not everybody are good at playing golf, these are just beginners or amateurs not like Tigerwoords or anybody else...some even are lawyers or pastors or even Elders.



I was at the reception, your highnest, taking care of the registration(I believe) and just taking pictures of all the action. I love taking pictures....Anyway, let me get back, I'm sure they were tired after all the hitting of the balls and trying to get a par, birdie, eagle or even albatross. At the end of the day, everybody enjoyed the game as a starter it was an experience they will never forget. We ate at the Cafeteria, they had free food for the players but because some of us were volunteers were also free. hehhehee....They got all food like we had a cookout.




We had some raffles, auctions for charity and the most awaited part was the awarding of trophies. The trophies was also donated by.....I wasn't planning to play but just support the church event but in the end I was picked on the raffle so I was able to get a soveiner t-shirt and my hubby too and a golf towel from the senate. At the end, my hubby's team end up winning 2nd Placer, so no harm in trying.



A week from that, my hubby encouraged me to try playing golf even just learning to hit/strike the ball and givng me some putting tips. Well, I have no idea how it works, I tried to hit the ball using this golf club but I swear, it doesnt work. After a few strokes, practice and more effort, I was able to hit the ball and it moves farther than I expect it. Honestly, it's not easy as it looks like. I tried putting then and because of the slope, it's harder to attack the flag(the hole). I did make sure that I have pictures of myself trying.



We played at Marlton Golf Club just for striking the ball and putting on a Sunday afternoon after mass and I did enjoy it. Though my left hand finger's skin peel off coz of grasping the club so tight, I think I would like to go back and try it again. Never be afraid of trying new things and have to believe in ourselves that we can do it....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment